What is it?
E-Mail Marketing is a way to promote yourself and a product that you have in anyway possible by sending a commercial message by e-mail to a broad range of people. These e-mails can be sent to a current customer database or if you wish to reach a bigger audience then they can be sent out to a cold list database.
Who Uses it?
E-mail Marketing is generally used by businesses who want to promote their business and their range of products available. It’s also used as a campaign tool for up and coming offers and competitions to try and get more people to visit their site.
Why is it useful to an organisation?
- Helps to create a buzz about your brand
- Increases brand awareness
- E-Mailing can target thousands of potential customers
- Can create more revenue in the long run for the business
- It’s an affordable way of promoting yourself
Are there any limitations?
- Depending on the recipients different internet service provider and webmail systems deliverability may be an issue
- To prevent spam, sometimes the number of emails sent from one domain may be limited to a certain amount per hour.
- The users must have a certain level of opt in to receive your emails, this could be by being a customer or email addresses collected by media owners.
Any top tips?
- Be creative with the content of your e-mail so that it’s different to every other e-mail sent.
- Make sure that the e-mail that your sending is of some relevance to the recipient
- To prevent and sort of complaints make it easy for anybody to unsubscribe
- Test all e-mails before they are sent as you want it to come across as professional as possible
- Plan your campaign so that all content is up to date and relevant.
- Tuesday/Wednesday are proven days to receive an increased response by sending your e-mails on these dates.